Our services include:
- Structural framing design - wood, steel, concrete, and masonry;
- Retaining wall design - masonry, segmental block, concrete, steel/timber lagging walls, heavy timber walls;
- Building evaluations and condition studies;
- Forensic analysis. For example, an evaluation and opinion regarding why a basement wall is cracked;
- Review and New York PE stamping of structural drawings for clients and architects;
- PE certified structural reports, as may be required by building code enforcement officials for construction performed without a permit. Common for decks, porches, and retaining walls.
- Load bearing wall determinations for removals, design of replacement headers and posts. Typical for open-concept floor plans.
- HUD/FHA Manufacturered home tie-down inspections and reports.
- Experience with historic structural systems and materials;
- Experience with State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) requirements for repairs to historic structural systems.
CAD drafting of construction drawings with plans and details (AutoCAD 2018)
Storage Rack Structural Capacity and Safety Inspections
- Inventory and categorizing of racks;
- Inspection of condition and damage of racks;
- Recommendations for repairs;
- Floorplan CAD drawings documenting locations;
- Reports and summary documentation, including photographs.
Renewable Energy / Wind Energy
- Consulting to municipalities crafting of local laws or regulations (zoning) for utility- and private-scale wind energy facilities;
- Permitting review assistance for wind energy projects (utility-scale and priviate-scale);
- SEQR (State Environmental Quality Review) assistance to municipalities;
- NYSERDA grant application writing services for renewable energy and energy efficiency projects.